Photograph by kind permission of Mrs Barbara Cureton & City of Salford Museum Life Times Project.


The remains of Leaf Square taken from across Broad Street, in 1963. The houses which backed onto
Frederick Road had already been demolished and the old School building was to follow shortly.
After the Grammar School moved out to the new School at Claremont in 1956, the building was used
to house the Technical High School before it too, moved to new premises at Claremont.

New buildings for Salford Technical College were susequently built on the site and at the beginning of
the twenty first century, the site of Leaf Square is now the Pendleton Campus of Salford University.
Picture Gallery - Places.
Back to Home Page.