This private postcard of Claremont was posted in 1925, a couple of years after the Heywood family changed the
name of the house from Chaseley. The sender, Miss Isabel M. Heywood, was awarded the OBE for services to
the blind in 1930. She was the last Heywood to occupy the property, leaving it in 1939. She died the following
year.

The main drive to the house ran paralell to Chaseley Road and joined Chaseley Road at the gate lodge which
was located at the Chaseley Road/Eccles Old Road junction.
<<Picture Gallery - Claremont
Home Page.