There have been two houses in this area of Pendleton called Claremont. The house on the Grammar School
site was originally called Chaseley but was later renamed Claremont when members of the Manchester
banking family, the Heywoods, moved from their original house which was called Claremont.
The first named Claremont stood near the junction of the present day Lullington and Buckland Roads. This
house was demolished in the 1920's.
Back to Picture Gallery.
Back to Home Page.